How will I feel during cryosurgery?
You may feel some slight cramping. You may experience either a sensation of color or heat.
What happens after cryosurgery?
You can return to most normal activities the day after cryosurgery; however, there are a few things you should take note of for the first two to three weeks following treatment:
- It is normal to experience a watery discharge for the first few weeks. This is caused by sloughing of dead cervical tissue.
- Do not insert anything into the vagina for at least two to three weeks. This means no tampons, no douches, and no sexual intercourse.
What is urodynamics?
Urodynamics refers to a series of diagnostics tests that evaluate the function of the bladder and urethra. These tests may be recommended if you have urinary incontinence (leakage of urine), recurrent bladder infections, slow or weak urinary stream, incomplete bladder emptying, or frequent urination. These tests provide important information for your physician to accurately diagnose and treat your bladder problems appropriately.
Why is an ultrasound done?
An ultrasound can help to check on many aspects of a healthy pregnancy, such as:
- The number of babies
- Whether the baby’s size is right for his/her age
- How the baby’s internal organs are growing
- Whether the placenta (afterbirth) is in the correct place
- Whether there are problems wit the mother’s uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries
Why is Endometrial Ablation done?
Endometrial ablation is used to control heavy, prolonged vaginal bleeding when:
- Bleeding has not responded to other treatments
- Childbearing is completed
- You prefer not to have a hysterectomy to control the bleeding
- Other medical problems prevent a hysterectomy
Why is a Sonohysterography done?
The main indications for this procedure include:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding both pre and post menopausal
- Investigation of infertility and recurrent miscarriage
- Endometrial assessment for patients on Tamoxifen therapy
- Suggestion of a mass in the endometrial cavity on the ultrasound
What is Menorrhagia?
Menorrhagia occurs in 1out of every 5 women. An estimated 10 million women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding, yet only 2.5 million seek treatment each year. The reason for this is that many women are embarrassed to discuss their periods; they think their bleeding is normal because it has always been that way, or they are afraid of the treatment options.
What are the effects of Menorrhagia?
There are several different ways to treat heavy periods. You and your doctor can decide which way is best for you. Each method has advantages and disadvantages that you need to thing about.
What are the benefits of Adiana Permanent Contraception?
Once your doctor confirms that your fallopian tubes are completely blocked, you will no longer have to rely on a temporary method of birth control. The Adiana procedure avoids the risks and discomfort of surgical procedures like tubal ligation and vasectomy. The tine, soft inserts are made of medical-grade silicone, a material long know to be safe in the human body. It is 98.4% effective in preventing pregnancy once your doctor confirms that you fallopian tubes are completely blocked. No method is 10% effective. It does not use any drugs or hormones that can disrupt your menstrual cycle or affect your natural chemistry. With no incisions o heal and no recovery time from the general anesthesia, you should experience little or no discomfort and be able to return to your regular activities within a day or two. The inserts are completely contained inside the fallopian tubes leaving nothing in your uterus that might limit your options for future gynecologic tests or procedures.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital
Phone | (843) 769-4424
Fax | (843) 769-4425
1843 Ashley River Road,
Charleston, SC 29407